11.20.2011

Mr. Fuzzipede

Well, I made a video. And this time I actually recorded the whole thing, instead of using other people's footage. After my last video experience, which just didn't end as I wanted it to, I was a bit nervous about this one. So I just decided not to take it too seriously, and to try to make something that was less direct. My video has a plot and it's a bit melodramatic, but in the end it's just about art. We spend so much time watching experimental films and talking about how profound art videos are, but so many of them are just completely ridiculous. I was perfectly content to make a little video commenting on the silliness of art videos while feeding into the silliness of art videos. I had fun making it, and I'm much happier with how it turned out than I was with my last attempt at a video. I hope you get a giggle or two out of it, don't think too hard.



4 comments:

  1. I love that you created a commentary on so many art videos because I have felt exactly the same about how ridiculous they are. It was really fun to watch your video because you put just the perfect amount into the editing, not too much and not too little. You kept it really simple so it focused on the subject more than the effects or the setting. It would be really fun to see more of the footage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so wonderful and bold how you used humor in this film. You did a wonderful job of relating to the idiotic and comedic videos on the internet, but yours is obviously an art critique. I know you weren't taking yourself very seriously, but your edits were very strong and concise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pacing worked...you created an absurd narrative in a short period of time making viewers feel like they've experienced a range of emotions and left them wanting more. The male character was at once funny and demented. Your piece was very much in the tradition of George Kuchar who everybody should check out. He just died and was honored at MOMA last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad that someone took this route with their video, as in "making fun" of how we take some artistic pieces very seriously and portray them as profound images or ideas. You did a great job with including the perfect amount of ridiculousness in terms of the plot line and main characters!

    ReplyDelete